The student news site of Watkins Mill High School

Zoë’s Top Five Crazy Conspiracy Theories About Kate Middleton’s Disappearance from the Public Eye

Top+five+conspiracy+theories+on+the+disappearance+of+Kate+Middleton.+
Zoë Conroy
Top five conspiracy theories on the disappearance of Kate Middleton.

Kate Middleton has disappeared from the public eye for the past few months. The only information released to the public on January 17th said that she was admitted into the London clinic for “abdominal surgery.” The internet has come up with so many crazy conspiracy theories. Here are my top five favorites:    

1) Secretly dating Pete Davidson 

We have to start with the photoshopped image of Middleton holding Davidson’s hand. I found this hilarious, as it is not the reason that she was out of the public eye; it is just really random. But it would be a spicy story for me, as a journalist, to write if it was true.  

2) She is Banksy

To be honest, I wouldn’t be surprised if this were true. How crazy would it be for the Princess of Wales to be a secret artist who commits vandalism? She is a princess by day and an artist by night.

3) Waiting for her bangs to grow out 

Really? Bangs? As someone who has had bad haircuts, I see why someone would hide from the public eye, but Middleton would have more dignity and too many responsibilities to disappear from the public eye for months completely. It is not very believable, but it is a funny idea. 

4) On the masked singer 

I would pay to watch that. How cool would it be if she were the masked singer? But I highly doubt that she could take time off from her royal duties to appear on a singing competition show. 

5) Recovering from a Brazilian Butt Lift 

Now, this is not a terrible conspiracy theory. But my issue with it is that it is believable. While doing research, this was the one that continued to come up. So many people thought this was what was going on. It angers me that women in today’s society feel the pressure to have procedures like this done to their bodies, that being who they are isn’t enough, that as women, we are just shiny objects, that we are supposed to look a certain way especially if you are a woman who is heavily watched in the public eye, as Middleton is.  

Well, whatever she’s doing in the meantime, I hope she’s fine. Leave the public guessing just for the plot.

[Editor’s note: Given the recent news, we wish Kate Middleton a safe recovery.]