The student news site of Watkins Mill High School

A story I wrote

Huswat Olajide
Tejan gives a quick story about a magician with a dream, keep reading to know if he succeeded!

The newspaper’s editor-in-chiefs and CEO [Editor’s Note: He’s a wanna-be CEO] have held me captive! They’re forcing me to write an article. If I fail to meet the quota, they’ll hunt down my beloved pet paint roller, Jorge the Third. 

I have 30 minutes to write something. If I’m even 1 minute late, they’ll snap him right down the middle! I don’t care; I’m going to slap down whatever comes to my mind. I can’t lose Jorge again!

Here I go:

Once upon a time, there lived a boy named George. All the other kids hated George because he reeked of spoiled milk and bad eggs. They would tease poor George when he got it wrong, especially when he got it right.

Only one boy saw Geroge for what he was: a magician! The boy goes by George, but I’ll call him George Squared for the story’s and confusion’s sake.

George Squared would watch George perform sorcery every day, safely hidden behind the overgrown hedges. He watched as George made plants die with the raise of his hand or made birds fly with the stench of his breath. [Editor’s Note: shouldn’t his powers perform the other way around?]

When George Squared watched on, he felt more than admiration—he felt jealousy! He wanted to be the master of nature, and George was the key to this. So he set out to steal what was rightfully his.

It was a rainy recess that day. The teachers decided to take the kids out to play. Little did they know that today would be their final time seeing either of the Georges.

Now, what happened that day was beyond anyone’s expectations! By standards, they could only see green fog and the stench of bad eggs. It ended with both of them reduced to a pile of ashes on the playground floor.

The end.

I hope this story was sufficient for my beloved Jorge to be returned to me. Something tells me I haven’t written enough, but I can’t go back and add any more words; the story is already beyond PERFECT!

The tale of George and George Squared is on its way to becoming a classic. I see it up there with Dr. Seuss and Diary of a Wimpy Kid.

Just think about all of the potential this storyline has.

Thank you, till we meet again!