Top 5 off-campus places to eat during STEP

There+are+so+many+restaurants+and+fast-food+places+near+Watkins+Mill+High+School+and+here+are+the+best+ones+to+eat+at+during+STEP.+

Sanjay Fernando

There are so many restaurants and fast-food places near Watkins Mill High School and here are the best ones to eat at during STEP.

With our short lunch period, it can be hard to figure out where to eat lunch off-campus and be able to get back in a reasonable amount of time, but it’s okay, The Current is here to help. Here are the top places to eat during lunch off-campus.

1. McDonald’s

The top choice and spot number one has to obviously go to a Nation’s classic.  McDonald’s is a safe pick and really close to school.  The only downside is how busy it can get during lunch, as it’s the obvious spot. If you need a combo idea, the best has got to be an Oreo Mcflurry and French Fries. Ice cream and fries are awesome, combining the saltiness of the fries and the cold sweetness of the ice cream just makes it explode on your tongue, and if you haven’t tried them, you should.

2. Chipotle

While Chipotle is a bit of a further drive, it’s definitely worth it. This Mexican grill has the perfect lunch for you, whether you get a burrito, bowl, or quesadillas, Chipotle will have you covered when it comes to a filling and tasty lunch. I think a bowl of classic white rice and chicken is a classic for anyone if you don’t know what to order (unless you’re vegetarian) and you can add all the toppings you want, although guacamole costs are extra.

3. Chick-Fil-A

Coming up in the number three spot would go have to go to Chipotle. Everyone loves Chick-Fil-A, whether it be a regular chicken sandwich or a healthier alternative offered at every location. Once again this place is a bit further but if you leave right when the bell rings, we’re sure you’ll make it back in time. 

4. &Pizza

This spot has definitely got to go to the soon-to-be opening &Pizza right next to chipotle, and although you technically can’t get it yet, you can save this article for future reference and go when it does open. Who doesn’t like pizza? I firmly believe this is a great spot for anyone as it can meet all the criteria of your lunch needs. My only question is why is the place called &pizza? I don’t know why it is but it just works, it sounds nice to mention to say the name to people when mentioning it. Just me? Okay.

5. Royal Farms

This last place spot goes to Royal Farms. It just opened and I know it’s a gas station but it’s way better than 7-Eleven with its Milkshake machine and a wider variety of hot food options. It is sure to fulfill all of your lunch needs, although this is on the further away side of things as well, it’s worth it. Everyone I know loves to visit and pick out any snack, or meal, they want, hot or cold.

What are your favorite places to eat during lunch? Let us know down in the comments below.