The student news site of Watkins Mill High School

The Return Of The Greatest CEO

Is it hot in here? Or is it just Abijah? Abijah makes a fire newspaper  comeback.
Angela Mvogo
Is it hot in here? Or is it just Abijah? Abijah makes a fire newspaper comeback.

Hello, my Rines; it’s been quite some time since I’ve graced everyone with a new article, and I’d like to say the wait is over.

In the time I’ve been gone, I’ve traveled through many regions (the halls of Watkins Mill), and I’ve learned many things (school sucks), and in these travels, I can proudly say that I’ve leveled up. 

However, there has been a complication. I’ve contracted a dreaded disease that’s known through every region and affects every one of the older generations, senioritis.

I’ve been fighting valiantly against this horrid affliction, holding on for many days and many nights. So this is my announcement, except for bigger and better articles from yours truly. I’m making my honorable return to The Current to take over once again. 

Now, today’s topic is petitioning for escalators in school. I know every one of you feels the pain of walking up and down the stairs. Every. Single. Day. Just going from the basement to the middle floor is a journey. But by the time I made it to the top, I’d renewed my faith in God.

Personally, I can’t keep doing it. Senioritis is bad enough, leaving me with shortness of breath and sweating profusely, but after getting up the stairs, I’m ready to pass out. Then teachers wonder why I’m asleep in class, it’s because those stairs activated my battery saving mode …. I’m not lazy! [Editor’s note: that’s absolutely not true, this is the biggest lie he’s ever told.]

Therefore, I believe we should take matters into our own hands.

Step one: reach out to the respective people and tell them the students of Watkins Mill are tired, literally. If we can make this happen, I will personally consider throwing all of you a pizza party as a good CEO would. 

With this, I have made my return, and I’ve even incentivized what may be my greatest idea yet. So everyone should get to it, if you thought I would participate you’re surely wrong, I’m the CEO so I just delegate the tasks. 

Good luck my Rines.