What to be for Halloween this year? These students have it all figured out

Dorothy is always a popular Halloween costume idea for girls.

Image courtesy of www.halloweencostumes.com

AHHHHH! Monsters In the hallways!

Be prepared to be frightened as Watkins Mill students get in the Halloween spirit and dress up for school. Students will be wearing various costumes such as Dorothy from The Wizard Of Oz, Bubblegum Prince, Young Joker and many others.

It takes the falling of leaves and the crisp Autumn air to get students in the spirit for Halloween. Sophomore Bridget Mundy said she is inspired into the Halloween spirit by “scary decorations everywhere,candy and people dressing up.” Mundy plans to dress up as Dorothy this Halloween.

Many students think it’s too childish to dress up for Halloween, but junior Sarah Johnson argues otherwise.  She said, “Even if you’re just answering the door to [give] candy, it really makes the kids happy if you dress up with them.” Johnson is still undecided as to whether to dress up as “a jack-o-lantern or a pop art piece.”

Students like junior Michael Alvear-Pozo, are even getting their costume ideas from TV shows. Alvear-Pozo is making his own costume and is dressing up as Jerome Valeska from the show Gotham, who he said is “like a young joker.”

Some students are getting creative and making their very own costumes. Freshman Taylor Dawson is planning to be a “zombie pommie.” Dawson plans to wear her POMS uniform and “buy some face paint to make [herself] look like a zombie.”

Other students take more time to make their costumes. Freshman Wesley Leon also plans to make his Bubblegum Prince costume, which will take “about a day or two.”

So if you plan to make a Do-It-Yourself Halloween costume here are awesome some ideas: A ghost, a cat, a nerd, a pirate, or you know, yourself… that’s pretty scary.

If you didn’t like any of these unique ideas, check out some more here: http://www.popsugar.com/smart-living/Halloween-Costumes-Teens-35867478?slide=0

Happy Trick-or-Treating!