The student news site of Watkins Mill High School

The honest foodie from the best food reviewer

Embark+on+the+unfiltered+review+of+popular+food+places+from+Brusters+frozen+delights+to+Wingstops+crispy+wings.+
Michelle Batres
Embark on the unfiltered review of popular food places from Bruster’s frozen delights to Wingstop’s crispy wings.

In this column, we will dive forks, spoons, and even knives into the world of delicious foods. So grab your appetite and come with me on this journey. 

Bruster’s: To be fair, I’ve gotten Bruster’s like once ever in my life, but that one experience was good enough for me to enjoy and cherish the time and MONEY I spent there. I ordered a chocolate chip mix, but they have a wide variety, so you can always try out things you’ve never tried before, as well as try things that you love on a daily basis. They don’t just have ice cream in cones; they also sell bowls, waffle cups, sundaes and splits, cakes, and even shakes! It’s a great place, and I’ll definitely go again when I have the time AND money. Once summer’s here and the cravings hit, trust me, I’ll be back there!

Charley Cheesesteaks: I tried it for the first time, like a month ago. I ordered a Chicken California, and I liked the sub because it was nice and cheesy. They have other subs like cheesesteak and chicken buffalo if that’s your thing. We didn’t get any sauces with our food because they forgot to add them to our order, but I also noticed that the fries were kinda dry. It’s okay tho, everyone has their flaws, plus it’s not too heavy on the money side. So I definitely would recommend it!

Wingstop: Now, let’s talk Wingstop. It is delicious and popular for a good reason. If you’re craving something crispy and delicious, get yourself some Wingstop ASAP. The first time I had some, it was a gift from my friend, and she ordered boneless lemon pepper and hickory smoked BBQ, which was beyond delicious. I mean, my taste buds were blessed. I am a chicken lover, so anything crispy and seasoned well will get on my side. The lemon pepper had that lemony taste where it wasn’t too lemony, and the BBQ was just seasoned enough. I will say that the cheese fries were not the best for me. It could either be that I don’t enjoy cheese fries or it just wasn’t that good, I guess we’ll never know. Regardless, Winstop is always going to be at the top of my list. I was recommended the Mango habanero, so I’ll try that and see how that works for me, but definitely spend that cash on Wingstop. It’s totally worth it. 

Dairy Queen: The only time I tried DQ was on the way back from a summer trip, and I devoured it in the car. At that point, I was craving the chicken strip basket, which included some chicken tenders, and it did not fail me. They had amazing chicken tenders and their fries were okay, not much to say about that. I also ordered an Oreo cookie blizzard treat and believe me when I say that gravity has nothing to do with this. It’s nearing the cool food season, so lock in and get some DQ for yourself!

There you have it, my honest and unsponsored take on some very popular food places. I hope you enjoy foodies.