Sports Wrap-Up: April 17-21

Athletic Department

The ‘Rines thanked the officials after their game against the Northwest Jaguars.

Boys Lacrosse

‘Rines started their week off hosting the Poolesville Falcons on Monday, April 17. The game ended in a loss of 17-0.

The ‘Rines have their senior night tonight against the Einstein Titans tonight. Come out and support the senior ‘Rines in their last home game of the season.

Girls Lacrosse

Lady ‘Rines started their week off traveling to take on the Poolesville Falcons on Monday, April 17. The game ended in a loss of 18-1.

The Lady ‘Rines travel to face the Einstein Titans tonight. Show the Lady ‘Rines your support by coming out to the game.

Boys Tennis

The ‘Rines traveled to take on the Damascus Hornets on Monday, April 17. The ‘Rines fought hard, but fell in a 4-3 loss, meaning that the Hornets won the Division IV title. Congratulations to the Hornets for earning the championship title.

The ‘Rines played their final divisional game against the Kennedy Cavaliers on Wednesday, April 19. The game ended in a 5-1 win.

Girls Tennis

The Lady ‘Rines hosted the Damascus Hornets on Monday, April 17, ending in a 7-0 loss.

The Lady ‘Rines continued their week with a game against the Kennedy Cavaliers on Wednesday, April 19, ending in a tough loss of 6-1.

Softball

The Lady ‘Rines traveled to face the Rockville Rams on Tuesday, April 18. The game ended in a tough 21-4 loss.

The Lady ‘Rines continue their week tonight against the Kennedy Cavaliers tonight. The game is free, so come out and support the Lady ‘Rines.

The Lady ‘Rines finish their week with a game against the Magruder Colonels on Saturday, April 22.

Coed Volleyball

The ‘Rines hosted the Northwest Jaguars on Monday, April 17. The game ended in a tough 3-1 loss.

The week continued with an away game against the Clarksburg Coyotes on Wednesday, April 19, ending in a 3-0 lsos

Boys Volleyball

The ‘Rines continued the doubleheader against the Northwest Jaguars on Monday, April 17 with a 3-0 win.

The ‘Rines traveled to take on the Clarksburg Coyotes on Wednesday, April 19, ending in a 3-0 loss.This means the ‘Rines finish the week with a 4-3 record (wins-losses).

Track & Field

The ‘Rines competed in a meet against the Quince Orchard Cougars and the Seneca Valley Screamin’ Eagles on Tuesday, March 18. 11 ‘Rines finished on the podium of 17 different events.

• Sophomore Samuel Koiwood finished in second place in the 100 meter dash and third place in the 200 meter dash.
  • Junior Yanku Rex-Campbell finished in second place in the 800 meter run and third place in the 400 meter dash.
  • Sophomore Kamar Sutherland finished in second place in the 100 meter hurdles and second place in the 300 meter hurdles.
  • Senior Abdoul Ndiong finished in third place in the discus.
  • Senior Esther Kouadio won the 100 meter dash.
  • Senior Ella Rishell won the 200 meter dash and third place in the 800 meter run.
  • Sophomore Madison Medley won the shot put, won the discus, and finished in second place in the 100 meter hurdles.
  • Junior Lauren Wright finished in second place in the 300 meter hurdles.
  • Sophomore Angela Key-Barnes finished in third place in the shot put.
  • Sophomore Sharick Mejias won the high jump and finished in third place in the long jump.
  • Sophomore Kailey Meadows finished in second place in the triple jump and third place in the high jump.