Sports Wrap Up: March 27-31

Girls tennis hosted their first home game of the season against the Springbrook Blue Devils.

There were an excessive amount of games this week as the games from Friday, March 24, were postponed due to poor weather conditions.

Baseball

The ‘Rines traveled to make up their game against the Seneca Valley Screamin’ Eagles on Tuesday, March 28, ending in a 17-0 loss.

The ‘Rines continued their week with a home game against the Wheaton Knights on Wednesday, March 29. The game ended in a tough loss of 20-0.

Boys Lacrosse

The ‘Rines kicked off their week with a trip to the home of the Damascus Hornets on Monday, March 27. The game ended in a loss of 24-0.

The ‘Rines returned home to continue their week with a makeup game against the Rockville Rams on Wednesday, March 29, ending in a16-3 loss.

The ‘Rines ended their week with another game at The Den against the Clarksburg Coyotes on Thursday, March 30.

Girls Lacrosse

The Lady ‘Rines opened their week up with a game against the Damascus Hornets at The Den on Monday, March 27. The game ended in a loss of 21-1.

The week continued for the Lady ‘Rines with the makeup game against the Rockville Rams on Wednesday, March 29, ending in a close 1-0 loss.

The week ended with a trip to face the Coyotes of Clarksburg on Thursday, March 30. Unfortunately the game was cancelled due to injuries and will not be made up.

Softball

The Lady ‘Rines started their week off with a game at home against the Wheaton Knights on Tuesday, March 28. The game ended in a 27-1 loss.

The week continued for the Lady ‘Rines on Thursday, March 30. against the Seneca Valley Screamin’ Eagles, ending in a loss of 26-7.

Enjoy the first day of spring break off and come out to watch the Lady ‘Rines take on the Poolesville Falcons at The Den at 3:45 pm.

Boys Tennis

The ‘Rines opened their week with a game against the Wheaton Knights on Monday, March 27, ending in a win of 5-2.

The ‘Rines continued their week with a game against the Springbrook Blue Devils on Wednesday, March 29. The game ended in an emphatic 7-0 win.

The ‘Rines ended their week with a home game against the Gaithersburg Trojans on Thursday, March 30, ending in a win of 6-1, taking their record to 4-0 just before the break.

Girls Tennis

The Lady ‘Rines’ game against the Wheaton Knights was postponed until Tuesday, March 28 due to weather conditions. The game ended in a 7-0 loss.

The Lady ‘Rines continued their busy week with a game against the Springbrook Blue Devils on Wednesday, March 29, ending in a nail biting 3-3 tie.

The Lady ‘Rines finished their three games in three days with a makeup game against the Gaithersburg Trojans on Thursday, March 30. The game ended in a tough loss.

Track & Field

The ‘Rines competed in the Screamin’ Eagles invitational meet on Saturday, March 25 at Seneca Valley High School.

Two ‘Rines finished on the podium of three different individual events, and four ‘Rines finished on the podium in a team event.

• Sophomore Kamar Sutherland finished in second place in the 110 meter hurdles and in second place in the 300 meter hurdles.
  • Senior Michael Safo finished in third place in the triple jump.
  • Senior Ella Rishell, freshman Dynasty Brackenridge, and sophomores Seti Ouelega and Sharick Mejias finished in third place in the 4×200 meter relay race.

The ‘Rines competed in another meet at The Den against the Coyotes of Clarksburg on Tuesday, March 28.

17 ‘Rines finished in the top three of 12 different events, with six of those ‘Rines winning events.

• Sophomore Samuel Koiwood won the 100 meter dash and won the 200 meter dash.
  • Sophomore Robert Smith tied in third place the 200 meter dash.
  • Sophomore Josh Holmes finished in third place in the 3200 meter run.
  • Sophomore Kamar Sutherland won the 110 meter hurdles and won the 300 meter hurdles.
  • Sophomore Ty’shaun Palmer finished in second place in the high jump.
  • Sophomore Madison Medley finished in second place in the shot put and third place in the 100 meter dash.
  • Sophomore Olivia Ormsby finished in third place in the 1600 meter run.
  • Junior David Boley tied in third place in the 200 meter dash.
  • Junior Zenoah Colleymore won the 400 meter dash.
  • Junior Elliot Swander finished in third place in the 400 meter dash.
  • Junior Yanku Rex-Campbell won the 800 meter run.
  • Junior Rina Nasser finished in second place in the 100 meter dash.
  • Senior Abdoul Ndiong finished in third place in the shot put.
  • Senior Michael Safo won the high jump, finished in second place in the triple jump, and finished in third place in the long jump.
  • Senior Cameron Scott finished in third place in the triple jump.
  • Senior Ella Rishell won the 200 meter dash, won the 400 meter dash, won the 800 meter dash, won the long jump, and finished in third place in the triple jump.
  • Senior Melissa Osei-Bonsu finished in second place in the long jump.

Boys Volleyball

The ‘Rines opened their week with a game against the Damascus Hornets on Monday, March 27, ending in a big 3-0 win and bringing their win streak to two games

The ‘Rines continued their week with a game against the Wheaton Knights on Tuesday, March 28, ending in a back-and-forth 3-2 loss.

Coed Volleyball

The ‘Rines opened their week with a game against the Damascus Hornets on Monday, March 27, ending in a loss of 3-0.

The ‘Rines continued their week with a game against the Wheaton Knights. The game ended in a tough 3-0 loss.