Sports Wrap-Up February 25-March 4

Left+to+Right%3A%0AJarod+Naulgan%2C+Marley+Hammond%2C+Deacon+Buchanan%2C+Bryant+Oliva%2C+and+Dmitriy+Bright+represent+Watkins+Mill+High+School+at+States.+

Athletic Department

Left to Right: Jarod Naulgan, Marley Hammond, Deacon Buchanan, Bryant Oliva, and Dmitriy Bright represent Watkins Mill High School at States.

Swim and Dive

Congratulations to all the people who swam at states on Saturday, February 26. This was the first time in 6 years that Watkins Mill has had swimmers in the state finals. All of the swimmers came in amazing places for their heats and dropped time.

Wrestling

Congratulations to sophomore Nebi Tsarni and freshman Jabea Ewane for qualifying for the state semifinals tomorrow. Senior Romeo Tsai will also compete today for his shot at the state semifinals today at the Show Place Arena at 2:30 PM.

“I’m nervous about [competing in the semifinals], each time I move up [in the competition the matches] get harder,” freshman Jabea Ewane said.

Boys Basketball

The ‘Rines lost their playoff game 67-56  against the Kennedy Cavaliers on Friday, February 25. Be sure to congratulate all of the players on a hard-fought season.

Girls Basketball

The Lady ‘Rines lost their playoff game 46-8 against the Damascus Hornets on Friday, February 25. Make sure to congratulate all of the players on a hard-fought season.