Sports Wrap-Up: February 11-17

Watkins Mill Athletic Department

Our swimmers gathering together at the end of the pool right before a meet.

Boys Basketball 

The ‘Rines traveled to face the Wootton High School Patriots on Friday, February 11, but unfortunately returned home with a 67-52 loss.

Varsity then hosted the Clarksburg High School Coyotes on Tuesday, February 15, losing 69-67 in heartbreaking fashion.

Congratulations to seniors Devin Brackenridge and Mason McCarley for being selected to the Roundball Classic All-Star Showcase in late March.

The final game of the regular season is tonight against the Northwest High School Jaguars. Make sure to send our ‘Rines to the playoffs with full support at Northwest at 7:15.

Girls Basketball

The Lady ‘Rines faced off against the Wootton Patriots on Friday, February 11, but lost 74-19.

Varsity’s next game came against the Clarksburg High School Coyotes on Tuesday, February 15, unfortunately losing 67-8.

The final game of the season comes tonight against the Northwest High School Jaguars, so make sure to come out and support the Lady ‘Rines as they head into the playoffs.

Swim & Dive

The ‘Rines swam at Metros Saturday, February 12, none of the swimmers who were at Metros made it to finals. All of the swimmers did drop time and ended in amazing spots for their heats.

Make sure to cheer on the ‘Rines as they compete on Saturday, February 19 for the 4A/3A West Regional Championships at Martin Luther King Swim Center at 8 am.