Sports Wrap-Up: September 27-October 1

Hector Olivia Jr.

Boys junior varsity posing for a picture after their win against Damascus this past Monday with a score of 2-1.

Boys Soccer

Varsity hosted the Damascus High School Hornets on Monday, September 27, which ended in a nail-biting 0-0 draw after double-overtime. Fingertip saves from junior Deacon Buchanan and the Hornet goalkeeper meant that both schools had to share the points.

Varsity then traveled to face the Poolesville High School Falcons on Wednesday, September 29, unfortunately ending in a 2-1 loss. Another goal from the serial scorer senior Assou Kowo wasn’t enough for Varsity to get their second away win of the season.

Junior varsity started the week off strong with a win of 2-1 against Hornets on Monday, September 27. A brace from Nathan Mbah helped junior varsity see out the win.

Junior varsity played at the home of the Falcons on Wednesday, September 29, and kept the good times coming with a 2-1 victory. Goals from Sam Cisneros and Derek Cabezas kept junior varsity’s four game winning streak alive.

Make sure to come out to the doubleheader tonight against the Kennedy High School Cavaliers. Junior varsity kicks off at 5:30 and varsity kicks off at 7:15.

Field Hockey 

Varsity field hockey traveled to face off Rockville High School Rams on Wednesday, September 29. The ‘Rines played hard keeping the mentality for a win against the Rams. They maintained possession for the better part of the game, unfortunately, the night ended with a loss of 1-0.

Make sure to come and watch the ‘Rines play at home on Tuesday, October 5, as they take on Springbrook’s Blue Devils. The game will commence at 6:15.

Girls Soccer

Varsity traveled to face the Damascus Hornets on Monday, September 27, unfortunately losing 7-0. Varsity then hosted the Poolesville Falcons on Wednesday, September 29, but lost 11-0

Make sure to come watch the ‘Rines play at home on Monday, October 4, against the Northwest Jaguars. Kickoff is at 7:15.

Football 

Junior varsity played on Thursday, September 30, at the Damascus High School Hornets, but the game ended in a 42-7 loss.

Make sure to come out to Damascus tonight to watch Varsity take on the Hornets at 6:30.

Volleyball

Junior varsity traveled to play against Clarksburg High School Coyotes on Monday, September 27, ending the night with a 2-0 loss. Junior varsity then traveled to Poolesville High School on Wednesday, September 29. The lady ‘Rines put up a tough fight, but unfortunately lost  2-0.

Varsity started the week off with a tough loss of 3-0 against the Coyotes on Monday, September 27. Varsity then traveled to the home of the Falcons on Wednesday, September 29, the night ended with a loss of 3-0.

Make sure to come out and watch the ‘Rines pay against the Rockville High School Rams, on Tuesday, October 5. Junior varsity takes them on a 5:30 and then following right after varsity will play at 6:30.