Sports Wrap-Up: April 11, 2019

Track

Varsity track won their meet against Damascus High School Swarmin’ Hornets and Clarksburg High School Coyotes on Wednesday, April 10 at Clarksburg High School.

Senior Brandon Smith and junior David Okoli won first place in the 100 meters. Junior Brianna Castillo won second place in the 400 meters.

“We tried our best and participated well to get the win,” junior Khalil Agboola said.

Come see the ‘Rines run in the Jim Vollmer Invitational at Watkins Mill High School on Friday, April 12.

Softball

With the ‘Rines Softball team up against the Damascus Swarmin’ Hornets, the girls once again took another loss, losing 17-0 and their next game is against Magruder High School at 3:45pm today at home.

“Overall we did good, but it was just a good team that outmatched us in the endgame which led to another loss,” senior captain Adriana Villars said. “We played pretty good for Damascus and I was pretty satisfied with the girls’ overall effort. Everyone did good with communication as a team and individually.”

Girls Lacrosse

On April 8, girls lacrosse took on Damascus here at the den. The girls unfortunately came up short with a final score of 16-0.

“We played hard and were able to keep our cool and stand our ground as best as we could when playing against a highly skilled team,” junior Nadia Makmak said. The girls look to rebound at their next game at Magruder this Thursday.

Baseball

On April 3, the baseball team took on the Damascus Hornets. They competed a good game but lost with a score of 8-2.

“We have to continue playing together as a team,” senior Zachary Pepperl said.  “If we play harder every single game… that is all we can control.”

The ‘Rines now have a record of 0-6 on the season as they look to win in their next game against the Magruder Colonels. That game will be a home game for the Rines’ starting at 3:45pm today. Come out and cheer them on.

Girls Tennis

Girls varsity tennis took on the Magruder Colonels in a match yesterday. Unfortunately, the girls weren’t able to come up with a win.

“We are able to come together with good comradery and we have good team chemistry,” sophomore Grace Edwards said. The girls’ next match is today against Clarksburg.