Sports Wrap-Up: April 2, 2019

Baseball

On April 1, the varsity baseball team played a hard-fought game away against the Poolesville Falcons. They competed well but lost to the Falcons by a score of 24-0.

“We were in the game during the first inning… but made team mistakes for the game to fade away from us,” senior Joseph Kamara said. “We need to take it one game at a time and play together as a team as the season moves on.”

Baseball now has a record of 0-4 on the season as they look to be victorious in their next game against the Rockville Rams. That game will be a home game for the Rines’ starting at 3:45pm tomorrow.

Softball

With girls varsity softball in a drought as they take their fourth loss against Poolesville High School with the score being 20-1, their next game will be against Rockville High School on April 3 at 3:45pm.

“Adriana Villars was the most hard working player on the field playing short stop, so she’s everywhere helping everyone out,” senior captain Kriselle Sharma said. “We could do to improve the team [by having] better communication and getting the ball back down field.”

Boys Lacrosse

Boys varsity lacrosse lost a hard fought battle to the Albert Einstein High School Titans 22 to 0 Friday, March 29 at Albert Einstein High School.

“As our team goes out on that field we grow and realize what we need to improve on,” junior Javier Sarmiento said.

“Everyday we are trying to get better to prove we are a great team,” junior Justin Benitez said.

Come see the ‘Rines play the Northwestern High School Wildcats Thursday, April 4 at Northwestern High School.

Girls Lacrosse

Girls lacrosse took on rival Seneca Valley High School April 1. In a tight-fought match, the girls kept the score close throughout. Unfortunately, the girls came up short with a losing score of 7-9.

“Our defense was dominating and we were able to keep up the communication,” sophomore Jaden Gaboton said. The girls’ next game is Thursday against PG county opponent Northwestern.