Sports Wrap-Up: April 1, 2019

Israel Safo, Arthur Siqueira, and Joshua Ali

Boys Lacrosse

Wolverines varsity lacrosse lost a hard-fought battle against the Laurel High School Spartans 6-3 on Thursday, March 28 at Watkins Mill High School.

Sophomore Chris Crews scored two goals in the fourth quarter.

“I’m not mad, I’m learning from the loss, I think we’re going to bounce back,” junior Justin Benitez said.

Come see the ‘Rines play at Northwestern High School in Prince George’s County on Thursday, April 4.

Girls Softball

Girls varsity softball suffered a crushing loss in their third straight game after battling against Wheaton High School with a score of 27-1 on Saturday. Their next game is at Poolesville High School today at 3:45 pm.

“[Sophomore] Tishauni White has pitched three amazing games since we have been playing, and she’s the strongest, and puts in the most effort, and she keeps our team together,” junior captain Jamilia Jones said. “Overall I feel like we could’ve done better, but we tried our best with what we had and hopefully today we can make a comeback and get our first win.”

Boys Volleyball

Boys volleyball took down the Poolesville Falcons 3-1 on Friday, March 29. The Wolverine team took a very commanding lead but appeared to lose focus during the second set before regaining it. The Falcons were unable to handle the Wolverine hitters.

“I think we lost focus that game, but I’m happy we regained it,” coach Michael Brown said.

About the Writers
Israel Safo, Sports Editor

Israel Safo is a junior at Watkins Mill High School and a Sports Editor for The Current. He likes to write, explore new ideas, and listen to music. He...

Arthur Siqueira, Graphics Designer

Arthur Siqueira is a junior at Watkins Mill and is a Graphics Designer and Sports Editor for The Current. He enjoys vigorously staring at his extensive...

Joshua Ali, Sports Editor

Joshua Ali is a senior at Watkins Mill High School and a Sports Editor for The Current. He plans to go to college somewhere with a hot climate like Arizona,...