Sports Wrap-Up: February 21, 2019

Israel Safo, Arthur Siqueira, and Spencer Neill

Wrestling

Watkins Mill High School wrestling participated in counties Friday, February 15 and Saturday, February 16 at Gaithersburg High School.

Freshman Romeo Tsai, junior Justin Benitez, and junior Victor Kum all qualified for regionals.

“We fought hard and well, me and my teammates are looking forward to regionals and try our best to reach states,” Kum said.

Come see ‘Rines wrestling compete for Regionals Saturday, February 23 at Clarksburg High School.

Boys Basketball

Boys basketball took on the Quince Orchard Cougars last Friday at home on senior night. The boys were able to secure a victory over the Cougars with a final score of 72-56.

“We stayed together as a team and played hard for our senior night,” senior Lucas Elenga said. The boys next game is away at Northwood tonight.

Girls Basketball

Girls varsity basketball fought very hard during senior night on Friday, February 15. They were unable to come out ahead against the Quince Orchard Cougars and lost 69-40 after playing a very good game.

Sophomore Isis Obolensky said, “I’m proud of my seniors, they played very hard that night.”

About the Writers
Israel Safo, Sports Editor

Israel Safo is a junior at Watkins Mill High School and a Sports Editor for The Current. He likes to write, explore new ideas, and listen to music. He...

Arthur Siqueira, Graphics Designer

Arthur Siqueira is a junior at Watkins Mill and is a Graphics Designer and Sports Editor for The Current. He enjoys vigorously staring at his extensive...

Spencer Neill, Sports Editor

Spencer Neill is a senior at Watkins Mill and is a Sports Editor for The Current. He plays Varsity Baseball, is the Varsity Football Captain, and a member...