Sports Wrap-Up: October 26, 2018

Spencer Neill, Brandon Smith, and Joshua Ali

Field Hockey

Field Hockey traveled to Magruder High School to take on the Colonels for their first playoff game yesterday, October 25. The ‘Rines were looking to advance, but Magruder came away with the victory with a final score of 3-0. The team ended their season with four wins and ten losses through the regular season.

Senior Ana Rodriguez said that her favorite moment of her senior season was “scoring a goal against Einstein.” The season also helped her “improve her stick skills and get faster,” she added.

Boys Soccer

Boys soccer traveled to Rockville High School to take on a Rams team Thursday night. The ‘Rines were looking to win in the first round of the playoffs against 3A rival Rockville. Starting slow in the first half, the ‘Rines gave up two goals.

”We came out strong in the second half,” senior Geovanny Canizalez said.  Unfortunately, the ‘Rines weren’t able to produce a goal and ended with a final score of 2-0.

Boys soccer ends their season with three wins, seven loses and two ties.

Girls Soccer

Girls soccer fought and played their hearts out in the first round of the playoffs on October 25. They ended up losing 5-1 in their playoff game against the Magruder Colonels. Senior Annie Riley scored the only goal.

“It was a great season… I really enjoyed my time spent with the team this season,” senior Jennifer Lopez said. “We played our hearts out yesterday and doing it with this team is all that mattered.”

Congrats to the girls varsity soccer team on a good season. Go RINES!!!

About the Writers
Spencer Neill, Sports Editor

Spencer Neill is a senior at Watkins Mill and is a Sports Editor for The Current. He plays Varsity Baseball, is the Varsity Football Captain, and a member of the National Honor Society. He plans on studying Business in college.

Brandon Smith, Sports Editor

Brandon is a senior at Watkins Mill High School and a Sports Editor for The Current. He loves basketball and enjoys writing on the side. Brandon plans on going to a four year College/University next year.

Joshua Ali, Sports Editor

Joshua Ali is a senior at Watkins Mill High School and a Sports Editor for The Current. He plans to go to college somewhere with a hot climate like Arizona, Texas, or Florida. He plans to get a modeling job in the future and travel the world pursuing his dreams. He also has a love for animals and has an interest in becoming a veterinarian.