Sports Wrap Up: May 3

Boys Lacrosse

Boys lacrosse defeated Laurel High School with a score of 21-1. The Wolverines worked hard all game to bring the dub home, not to mention that senior captain Griffin Boreman made 10 goals making a new school record. The ‘Rines will face Wheaton tomorrow. Wish them luck!

Softball

The ‘Rines fought hard against the Springbrook Blue Devils yesterday, May 2. The ‘Rines fought back and forth with the Devils, but fell 20-18 in the end. Our ‘Rines are back in the den tomorrow and plan to beat the Northwood Gladiators. Make sure you come out and support tomorrow Friday at 3:45!

Outdoor Track

Watkins Mill traveled to University of Pennsylvania for the Penn Relays Carnival on April 26 to April 28 following their Clash of Baltimore meet on April 21.

The boys and girls Wolverine outdoor track teams took their talents to University of Pennsylvania to compete with fierce talent from all around the world.

The girls 4×1 made it back to the finals and placed sixth overall. The ladies also placed 29 in 4×1 at 48.55 seconds but first overall in Montgomery County Public Schools.

The boys 4×1 and 4×4 2nd in the county 44.09 behind Paint Branch. The team is more confident now than ever they can give it their all and win counties on Wednesday, May 9. Come support our boys and girls track team as they keep pushing for the gold.

Boys Tennis

Boys varsity tennis played their final match Wednesday, May 2, losing to crosstown rival, the Screamin’ Eagles of Seneca Valley High School.

“It’s been a rough season, though our record hasn’t been what we wanted it to be, due to only having two players. We fought hard every game and we look to get our first win today or at least win a set would be satisfying,” freshman Brett Bauer said.

About the Writers
Hezekiah Likekele, News Editor

Hezekiah Likekele is a junior writer for Watkins Mill High School Current. He is primarily a sports writer but can also be a great addition for news and features. He also writes hilarious columns when he puts in good effort. Writing was never his favorite thing to do, but once taught how to perfect his craft by Mrs. Confino, realized the talent he could provide for the school that he loves. Hezekiah is also a member of Cross Country, Lacrosse, Project Lead The Way, and the Minority Scholars Program. Although he is unsure at what he would like to major in, he knows that civil engineering is an idea that always comes across his mind.