Sports Wrap Up: April 13

Softball

‘Rines softball fell to the Poolesville Falcons yesterday, April 12. The ‘Rines battled hard throughout the game but ended up losing to the Falcons, 9-20. Junior Adriana Villars said “we’re definitely going to work on batting and communication, but we are improving each game.” The ‘Rines face the Rockville Rams tomorrow, April 13 at Rockville school. The game starts at 2:30 pm, so make sure you stop by and support!

Baseball

The Watkins Mill boys baseball team faced a tough loss yesterday against the Poolesville Falcons with a final score of 3-20. Despite the loss, junior Spencer Neill said “we were able to play and pitch well throughout the game.” The boys are going to put more work into limiting errors on the field. Their next game is tomorrow, April 14 against the Rockville Rams at Rockville high school. Go ‘Rines!

Girls Lacrosse

The girls lacrosse team lost yesterday, April 12 to the Damascus Hornets by a final score of 0-18. “We played pretty [well], but we could have done way better,” said freshman Jaden Gaboton. The ‘Rines look to bounce back in their next game this coming Monday, April 16th against Magruder High School here, at the mill at 7:00pm, so come out and help cheer girls lacrosse to another victory!

Boys Lacrosse 

Boys lacrosse fell to Damascus High School yesterday by a score of 0-20. The Wolverines started out slow, but throughout the game started to progress. The team battled all game to keep up with the Hornets, but in the end still fell short. ‘Rines boys lacrosse plays this coming Monday, April 16 at Magruder high school at 7:15 pm. Don’t forget to come out and support!

About the Writers
Taylor Dawson, Features Editor and Social Media Director
Taylor Dawson is a senior at Watkins Mill High School and is one of the two Social Media Directors and a Features Editor For The Current. Taylor loves being is active within Watkins Mill and loves playing on the soccer team. She spends a lot of time working at a local ice cream shop but...