Sports Wrap Up: April 6

Softball

The lady ‘Rines bounced back after their first loss and beat the Northwood Gladiators, yesterday, April 5 at Northwood. The ‘Rines bounced back after their loss and ran up the score against the Gladiators, finishing the game with a winning score of 34-29. Junior Adriana Villars added “we had a few simple mistakes but overall did [well].” Villars mentions the team is “sore” from the long game but they are ready to face the Walter Johnson Wildcats tomorrow April 7 at 1:00 pm in the Den. Come out and support our ‘Rines!

Boys Lacrosse

Wolverines lax defeated Northwestern High School with a winning score of 11-7. The ‘Rines started off slow, but throughout the game began to gain more energy and momentum. The ‘Rines will be facing Blake High School at Blake this Tuesday, April 9 at 7:15 pm. Don’t forget to come out and support!

Girls Lacrosse

The girls lacrosse team fell short on Thursday to Northwestern High School to a final score of 15-14. “We did a really good job at working together as a team, but we need to be more confident,” said senior Julia Crews. The ‘Rines look to get back to their winning ways in their next game against the Blake Bengals here at the mill on Tuesday, April 10 at 7:00 pm, so come out and show support!

Baseball

‘Rines baseball bounced back from a tough loss on opening day to beat the Northwood Gladiators 8-4. The team improved tremendously on offense, scoring eight runs after only scoring one last time. Junior Brady Allen shined at the mound with three strikeouts. “We were happy to get the first win, we hit much better,” Allen said. Although the boys let up some runs at the end they were happy with the overall performance. Come out tomorrow at 1:00 pm to watch Wolverines baseball play at Walter Johnson High School versus the Wildcats.

Boys/Coed Volleyball

‘Rines volleyball took on the John F. Kennedy Cavaliers at Kennedy on Wednesday April 4th. The boys blew out the Cavaliers with a score of 3-0, and co-ed defeated the Cavaliers 3-1. Both teams came out with big wins to begin their seasons. The ‘Rines will take on the Gaithersburg Trojans tonight at home. Boys will be at 5:30 pm and co-ed at 7:15 pm. Come out and show your support!