Sports Wrap Up: January 23

Lucas Richards and Griffin Borman

Wrestling

Wrestling fought hard yesterday against Poolesville High School in tough match. The Rines’ are looking to come back harder today, January 23, against Kennedy High School to seek their first team win.

“We need to improve on our finishing moves. We always start off strong and need to keep our foot on the gas. As a team I want to finish the rest of the season strong and win as many games possible,” senior Kelvin Quacoe-Dameshie said.

Poms

And in 3rd place….Watkins Mill High School! The Poms team placed third in their latest competition this past week at Northwest High School out of the six schools that participated in the competition.

“We did very good, I think we could step our game up, and improve on some thing’s in order to come out with a BANG!” said junior Ivana Skalabrian. “I was very excited to get place(Third), I literally watched the judges mouth as she said ‘Watkins Mill’.”

The ‘Rines also won the spirit award at the competition and received 2nd placed captain with senior Eudel Ndong as the recipient. “I couldn’t have done it without my team, and with all that hard work it was finally paid off,” said Ndong.

The next Poms competition is on February 3rd at Blair High School at 11:00 am, so come out and support our ‘Rines to another placing!