Sports Wrap Up: January 10

Indoor Track 

Watkins Mill High School had 2 students participate in the Kevin Dare Invitational at Penn State University last Saturday, January 6. Freshman Baeba Sayeh finished with a time of 7.48 seconds in the men varsity 60 meter dash prelims. His teammate, sophomore Vincent-David Okoli, finished with a time of 7.28 seconds in the same event.

These athletes also participated in other events in the meet. Okoli and Sayeh participated in the mens varsity 4×200 relay with Nicholas Adjapong and Amadou Silimana. Watkins Mill High School came out with their heads high finishing 7th place with a time of 1:34.71 out of the 25 schools that participated. Adjapong also participated in the mens varsity 4×400 event with Alexander Samuel Labeach, Tyrese Hibbert, and Natheniel Vault. The Rines had another success finishing the event in 6th place with a time of 3:37.03. The Rines will be looking to continue their great form at the Montgomery Invitational at the Prince George’s Sports & Learning Complex.

Boys Basketball

The ‘Rines ripped the wings off the Damascus Hornets yesterday in a 51-47 victory. The ‘Rines kept the pressure on until the end ensuring a victory over the Hornets.

“We played like a team and played together, we were a little low in the fourth quarter but came together in the end.” Senior Jaime Castillo says about the game.

The ‘Rines play Rockville on Friday January 12 in the den, come out and support! Castillo says the team plans to “keep the same energy against Rockville” and pull out another victory for the Mill.