CollegeTracks saves seniors during stressful application season

Briana Pasion

Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Help!

CollegeTracks can answer all the cries for help with the tedious, stressful process that is applying to college.

CollegeTracks is a program that helps students apply to colleges, scholarships and financial aid for college. CollegeTracks offers one-on-one or group help with their college application process and workshops on writing college essays and more. “We’re pretty much able to help [students] with everything related to their college process,” CollegeTracks staff member Estefani Rondon said.

“Advice for seniors is to get help from someone. If it’s not us, then a different program to finish all of your college [applications] on time. Fill out the [Free Application for Federal Student Aid] on time if you’re eligible and apply to as many scholarships as possible,” Rondon added.

Students can join as early as their junior year. Senior Larissa Gonzalez joined the summer before her senior year and has found CollegeTracks to be extremely helpful. “I like that you have that support that you need for this long process… [and] the fact that you have someone guiding you through every step of this process,” Gonzalez said.

“I love [CollegeTracks] so much. The staff members are super helpful, they love what they do, and… they are there for you almost 24/7,” senior Kiara Martinez said. “They are always making sure that you are getting your college work done, despite the number of members that they seem to have.”

“[Staff members] always have answers to your questions or a paper [that] answers your question. They are always texting you for reminders, which is something I most definitely find helpful,” Martinez added. 

Juniors and seniors, CollegeTracks offers the Access Program in room A006 for help, but they also offer the Success Program that continues through college. Martinez recommends joining junior year to know what to expect for the college application process ahead of time.