What you should be streaming this month (November)

Stranger+Things+series+poster.++

“Stranger Things” series poster.

Jubilee Robinson, Opinion Managing Editor

Stuck trying to decide what shows to watch? Still listening to the last summer’s hits? Bored in general and need a bit of a media reboot? Look no further. Here is some of the freshest stream-able content, as well as some throwbacks, to add the nostalgia factor.

Netflix

The Show: Stranger Things (Season 2)

If you haven’t already binged the whole season, then Stranger Things is the show to watch! It’s a spooky sci-fi/thriller that takes place in the 1980’s. The show follows a group of kids as they try to uncover the mysterious and monstrous happenings in their small town. If you are a lover of science fiction (and the 80’s) then this is the best show for you!

The Movie: Raw

Raw is a horror movie, with a twist. It focuses on a veterinary student freshman, who desperately wants to fit in as she strays from her principles. She eats raw meat for the first time during a hazing ritual and becomes a rabid cannibal. Be warned, the blood and gore content is high, but that doesn’t distract from the chilling story of blood sisters and their dark deeds. (The movie is in French but Netflix offers subtitles.)

Hulu

The Show: Future Man

Future Man is a new sci-fi/comedy with a 4.5 rating on Hulu. The show follows Josh Futturman (Josh Hutcherson), a janitor, who gets recruited by mysterious visitors to travel through time to help prevent the extinction of humanity. If you like action movies, comedy and video games, this is the show to watch!

The Movie: Ocean’s 11

Ocean’s 11 is about a fresh-out-of -jail criminal (George Clooney), who designs and attempts to pull one of the biggest heists in history. He plans to rob the 3 biggest casinos in Las Vegas simultaneously (all of which are owned by the man who stole his ex-wife.) He hires a misfit crew of specialists and goes to work. If you like heist movies, action movies, or comedies this is a great throwback to watch.

Spotify

The Artist: Russ

Russell Vitale, known by his stage name Russ, is an American singer/songwriter with one of the most devoted fan bases to date. His mass following has attributed to his platinum singles “Losin’ Control” and “What They Want.”

The Album: Just The Beginning by Grace VanderWaal

Grace VanderWaal is the 13-year-old ukulele-playing superstar who won the 11th season of America’s Got Talent in 2016. Presented with both a Teen Choice Award and a Radio Disney Music Award, Grace is off to a booming career, and this debut album is sure to launch her success even further.

The Throwback: Simon and Garfunkel, A Hazy Shade of Winter

As the pretty fall weather comes to a close, the bitter chill of winter is setting in. Get yourself in the mood to stay warm and indoors with  Simon and Garfunkel’s, A Hazy Shade of Winter. The melodic, and almost hypnotizing sound is sure to lull you away from the nipping cold.