Netflix provides plenty of entertainment, even without chilling

Your eyes are wide open strained and you’re sleep deprived, so you know it’s an insomnia kind of night. You’re sitting at home on your couch with a bowl of chips in hand, just throwing it back. We all know the cause of this illness!

Binge watching shows on Netflix.

Netflix: our generation’s greatest time passer. One thing Netflix is perfect for is binge watching your absolute favorite shows. Why do homework when you can watch three straight seasons of Scandal?

Scandal

Looking for shows to binge watch instead of getting your life together? We’ve got you covered. A popular show everyone seems to like is Scandal. Who doesn’t like a show with a powerful black female lead who works for the president? Senior Allie Miller lists Scandal as one her favorite shows and says Netflix “brightens my day.”

Do you enjoy watching medical shows on Discovery channel? Well maybe you should check out Grey’s Anatomy, which is still popular today even though the first episode aired in mid 2005. This show has real medical situations and doctor drama….yes, even doctors have drama. Freshmen Genesis Jimenez and Taylor Dawson both list it as a show they enjoy watching. Both said they watch Netflix “everyday.”

Grey's Anatomy

Netflix has certainly found its target audience in teenagers who have too much time on their hands. As long as Netflix has unlimited shows they will have unlimited subscribers as well. I mean there isn’t any shame in indulging in a little show watching, especially if no one’s there to stop you.

Another chart-topping show on Netflix is of course Pretty Little Liars. It was originally a novel, but is now one of the most popular shows on both Netflix and TV. Sophomore Tamara White listed “Pretty Little Liars” as the first show she binge watches. Lies, deceit, mystery, murder, sounds just like high school. Well maybe not the murder part.

Pretty Little Liars

Netflix also comes with guilty pleasures, meaning shows you don’t want anyone to know you watch. Not too many people are ashamed to watch anything, but sophomore Michael Le had a little secret up his sleeve. “I watched Glee for a while, I’m not gonna lie,” Le said, because he simply “had to try it.”

So many shows and so few hours in a day to watch them.  But as far as addictions go, there are worse things teenagers could be doing than staying home and watching their favorite shows.

So parents and teachers please do not complain about our unhealthy tv habits because we could be out doing worse things. Netflix we salute you and will gladly keep giving you our parents money while we binge and binge instead of studying. I mean we can’t help it, we’re teens.